Zhouzhuang is a town in China. It is located within Kunshan county-level city, 30 km southeast of Suzhou. Zhouzhuang is a popular tourist destination. It is one of the most famous water townships in China. There are many sights to see in Zhouzhuang:
- Twin Bridges: Zhouzhuang is surrounded and divided by lakes and rivers. Many stone bridges cross the rivers, showing distinctive views of the water-town. The Twin Bridges which are Shide Bridge and Yongan Bridge. These are the most famous and are considered the symbol of Zhouzhuang. Twin Bridges are located in the northeast of the town. Crossing the two crisscross rivers and connecting at the middle, the Twin Bridges look like an old-style Chinese key.
- Fuan Bridge: It is located at the eastern end of Zhongshi Jie. Fuan Bridge was built in 1355 during the Yuan Dynasty. The unique trait of the Fuan is the consummate combination of the single-arch bridge and the bridge towers.
- Shen House: It is built in 1742 and located at the southeast side of Fuan Bridge. Shen House was the private property of the Shen Wansan. The whole architectural complex is of the Qing’s style and occupies an area of more than 2,000 square meters. Over 100 rooms are divided into three sections. The first is the water gate and the wharf. The middle part includes the gate tower, the tearoom and the main hall. The last section is the two-storied dwelling which consists of several buildings which are quite different from the main hall and more comfortable.
- Zhang House: Zhang House built by Xu’s family in the Zhengtong of the Ming Dynasty and bought by Zhang’s family in the early Qing Dynasty. Zhang House has more than 70 rooms and takes up about 1,800 square meters. Zhang House is a dapper and graceful residential house.
- Milou Tower: It is famous for being a rallying place of the literators in old times.
- Chengxu Temple: Chengxu Taoist Temple was built during 1086-1093 and it’s also called as Sanctity Hall. It is standing on Zhongshi Street which is opposite to Puqing Bridge. It is one of the most famous Taoist temples in Wuzhong Region. In an area of 1,500 square meters, Shengdi and Doumu halls, Yuhuang, Wenchang and Shengdi pavilions are pieces of Taoist architectures.
Entry fee is 100 yuan per person for a day in Zhouzhuang. Without purchasing the ticket, you cannot enter the area. This ticket gives you entry to the ancient city area and all the sights noted above. The day trip (before 4 pm) and night trips (4-8 pm) have different routes.